Mari Wilson With The Wilsations - Showpeople FLAC album
Genre: Pop music
FLAC version ZIP size: 1691 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1593 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1142 mb
Other Formats: AAC WMA MPC ADX AA DTS AUD
Complete your Mari Wilson With The Wilsations collection.
Showpeople is the debut album by UK singer Mari Wilson. It was released in 1983 and featured her breakthrough hit "Just What I Always Wanted". In early 1982, Wilson had achieved minor success with two singles, "Beat the Beat" and "Baby It's True", but it was in September that she broke through to top ten success when "Just What I Always Wanted" became a N. hit. The song sparked media interest in Wilson due to her 1960s image (in particular her beehive hairstyle) and retro sound
The Neasden Queen of Soul. This is how we soundcheck - before we became showpeople at Boston Spa last eve, we looked like this. It’s glamour and high fashion all the way winks .
Mari wilson & the wilsations. Compact organistion COMP2. Acts with the most Number 1 albums on the Official UK Chart. Who we are. The Official Charts. History of the Official Charts.
Cover information about the songs on the release Showpeople by Mari Wilson with The Wilsations: who covered the songs, who sang the originals. SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information.
PizzaExpress Live (Maidstone). Mari Wilson first arrived on the scene in the early 80s with her skyscraper beehive hairdo bizarre sense of fashion and fully choreographed twelve piece band The Wilsations. Mari’s live shows were spoken about as an event - pure entertainment. A mainstay of Top Of The Pops (and an avid collector of Tupperware), Mari released six hit singles, the biggest being 'Just What I Always Wanted' and 'Cry Me A River', both taken from her classic album 'Showpeople'. Mari’s critically acclaimed 2016 album Pop Deluxe, (her album of songs previously made famous by Dusty, Cilla, Petula and Sandie) continues to be a big part of her fabulous show, together with her well known hits and a few surprises. Mari’s audience is mesmerised by not only her voice but her spontaneous wit and natural storytelling, testament to 38 years of touring.
Features Song Lyrics for Mari Wilson's Showpeople album. 1. Are You There (With Another Girl) Lyrics. 2. Just What I Always Wanted Lyrics. Mari Wilson Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular Mari Wilson Lyrics.
Mari Wilson With The Wilsations – Showpeople. The Compact Organization – COMP 2 UK 1983 Funk, Rhythm & Blues, Soul, Vocal Media: V. .Melanie – Gather Me. Buddah Records – 2318 050Germany Oct 1971 Rock, Pop, Folk, CountryMedia: Very Good Plus (VG+).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Wonderful To Be With||4:25|
|2||The End Of The Affair||5:13|
|3||One Day Is A Lifetime||4:26|
Saxophone – Lester Moses
|6||Cry Me A River (Smooch Mix)
Written-By – Arthur Hamilton
|7||Just What I Always Wanted||3:25|
|8||This Time Tomorrow
Written-By – Tot Taylor
|9||Are You There (With Another Girl)
Written-By – Bacharach/David*
|10||I May Be Wrong||3:17|
|12||This Is It?||5:59|
|13||Beat The Beat||3:46|
|14||Baby It's True||4:34|
|16||Would You Dance With A Stranger
Written-By – Bracchi*, Anzi*, Miller*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Music UK Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Warner Music Japan Inc.
- Arranged By [Strings] – Teddy Johns (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Artwork By – JB For Universal Export (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Bass – Colin Ryan (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Drums – Paul Bultitude (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Guitar [Strums And Lead Guirar] – Keith Airey (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Photography [Back Cover And Inner Shots] – Adrian Boot (tracks: 1 to 12), Pete Ashwort (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Photography By [Back Cover And Inner Shots] – Jo Nelson (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Photography By [Calendar Photos] – Adrian Boot (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Photography By [Cover Girl] – Brian Griffin (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Piano – Rocky Holman (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Producer – Tony Mansfield (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Programmed By – Tommy Masefield (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Recorded By – Gerry Kitchingham (tracks: 1 to 12), Juliet Bowen, Phillip Vinnal* (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Saxophone – Stewart Curtis (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Christopher Smith (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Violin, Viola – Anne Stephenson (tracks: 1 to 12), Virginia Hewes* (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Vocals [Vocalising] – Hank B Hive (tracks: 1 to 12), Janey Hallet* (tracks: 1 to 12), John Cogan (tracks: 1 to 12), Jules Fordham* (tracks: 1 to 12), Mari* (tracks: 1 to 12), Melvyn J Taub (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Written-By – Teddy Johns (tracks: 1 to 5, 7, 10 to 16)
NotesReissue of the Mari Wilson LP Showpeople in cardboard sleeve with original artwork, inner sleeve and calendar insert.
Originally released on The Compact Organization in 1983.
Track 6 is wrongly listed as Cry Me A River but it's the 12" version.
Track 11 is the demo version of Ecstacy but not the LP version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4571167364299
|COMP 2||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations - Showpeople (LP, Album)||The Compact Organization||COMP 2||UK||1983|
|810 104-1||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations - Showpeople (LP, Album)||London Records||810 104-1||Netherlands||1983|
|COMP 2, COMP N2||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations - Showpeople (LP, Album)||The Compact Organization, Decca||COMP 2, COMP N2||Scandinavia||1983|
|200 449, 200.449||Mari Wilson||Showpeople (LP, Album)||London Records, Barclay||200 449, 200.449||France||1983|
|810 999-1||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations||Mari Wilson With The Wilsations - Showpeople (LP, Album)||Metronome||810 999-1||Germany||1983|