Cornel Campbell - Stars FLAC album
Style: Reggae, Rocksteady
FLAC version ZIP size: 1745 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1707 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1408 mb
Other Formats: MP2 WAV AU TTA ADX AA DTS
Cornel Campbell aka Don Cornel or Don Gorgon (born 23 November 1945 in Kingston, Jamaica) is a reggae singer, best known for his trademark falsetto voice, and his recordings at Studio One in the late 1960s and his later work with Bunny Lee in the 1970s. Cornel has one of the sweetest falsettos of any Jamaican vocalist and uses it often to convey frustration, soul or despair.
Cornel Campbell Cornel's singing career began in his local church choir. At age eleven, in 1956, he was introduced to trombonist Rico Rodriguez, who took him to Clement Dodd's studio, where he recorded his first single, "My Treasure". Further singles followed, including "Turndown Date," as Jamaican music transformed from rhythm and blues to ska, with backing from The Skatalites.
9. Just My Imagination (Extended 12" Mix). Cornel Campbell & King Tubby. Strictly Lovers Rock. Original Ragga Muffin 1975-1977.
Cornell, or Cornel, Campbell started recording in 1956, cutting shuffle and early ska tunes like "My Treasure" and "Don't Want Your Loving" at the ubiquitous Studio One for Coxsone Dodd. His singing style is delicate and ephemeral, making heavy use of falsetto.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|B||–Cornel* & Soundemension*||Stars Version
Producer – C.S. Dodd*
- Distributed By – Coxsone's Music City
- Published By – Jamrec Music
- Mastered At – KK Mastering Labs, Inc.
- Producer – C. Dodd*
- Written-By – Cornel Campbell*
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): C.S.Dodd-Stars-A-KKmastering
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): C.S.Dodd-Stars Ver-B-KKmastering