Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales - Room 29 FLAC album
Genre: Classical music / Stage and Screen
Title: Room 29
Style: Contemporary, Vocal
FLAC version ZIP size: 1881 mb
MP3 version ZIP size: 1265 mb
WMA version ZIP size: 1728 mb
Other Formats: AHX MMF ADX FLAC MP2 AIFF AHX
For their droll, minimal collaboration, Jarvis Cocker and Chilly Gonzales turn their attention towards a famous hotel but end up with a more philosophical examination of these transient spaces. Of course, these seemingly blank slates still hold memories and emotions, and that’s where this collaboration gets interesting
Sometimes, Room 29 can be a bit arch - Gonzalez's piano runs can be a bit florid and Cocker's lyrics can veer toward the purple - but an ode to the decadence of West Hollywood shouldn't be restrained, even when it's austere.
On 17 March 2017 Gonzales released Room 29, a collaboration with Jarvis Cocker. The album is a song-cycle, and tells of happenings in one room at a Hollywood hotel.
Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales – Room 29. Label: Deutsche Grammophon – 479701 0. Format: CD, Album. Country: UK. Released: 17 Mar 2017. A song-cycle about a piano in a hotel room. Packaged in a gatefold card sleeve and includes a 20 page booklet. Other Versions (5 of 6) View All.
A unique collaboration between Jarvis Cocker and Chilly Gonzales, Room 29 asks what the ghosts of Hollywood’s golden age can tell us about how we came to be where we are today. Posted on August 30, 2017May 30, 2018. An album for piano and string quartet (and a few surprises along the way). Inspired by the deepening relationship with Hamburg’s Kaiser Quartett, the album re-imagines Romantic-era chamber music as today’s addictive pop. Posted on August 24, 2017May 30, 2018.
Produced by Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales & Renaud Letang. Album Room 29. Room 29 Lyrics. Help yourself to pretzels Help yourself to the minibar I couldn't help myself I read a self-help book Now I've gone too far Too far gone Unrecognisable Frightened of the message light On the phone on the bedside table Room 29 I heard them say "Is the only place to stay" Room 29 Is where I'll face Myself alone.
Cocker's debut album, Jarvis, was released in the UK on 13 November 2006. At the 2006 Reading festival, the video for "Running the World" was played on the main video screens of the main stage throughout the day, including just before the headline act, Muse, performed In March 2008, Cocker made a short tour of Latin America (México, Argentina and Chile), where he presented a new song called "Girls Like It Too". Room 29 (with Chilly Gonzales) (2017). "Common people – the story of pulp".
Album · 2017 · 16 Songs. Room 29, a collaboration between Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) and Chilly Gonzales, is a modern study of space and memory. Based on the rich history of Room 29 of Hollywood’s infamous Chateau Marmont, this song cycle combines pensive, dreamy piano, whispered narratives ( Room 29 ), and quietly stark exchanges ( Tearjerker ). Room 29 Chilly Gonzales.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A4||Interlude 1 - "Hotel Stationery"||1:17|
|A8||Howard Hughes Under The Microscope
Narrator – David Thomson
|B2||Interlude 2 - "5 Hours A Day"||2:31|
|B3||Daddy, You're Not Watching Me||4:36|
|B4||The Other Side||3:47|
|B5||The Tearjerker Returns||4:44|
|B6||A Trick Of The Light||2:33|
|B7||Room 29 (Reprise)||1:59|
|B8||Ice Cream As Main Course||2:47|
- Licensed To – Deutsche Grammophon GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gentle Threat Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Gentle Threat Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sunday Service LLC
- Copyright (c) – Sunday Service LLC
- Recorded At – Studios Ferber
- Mixed At – Studios Ferber
- Record Company – Universal Music
- Arranged By – Ingmar Süberkrüb (tracks: B1)
- Art Direction [In consultation with] – Peter Saville
- Art Direction, Design – YES
- Backing Vocals – Maud Techa (tracks: B6)
- Cello – Martin Bentz (tracks: A5, A7, A8, B1, B5, B6, B8)
- Conductor – Oleg Kondratenko (tracks: B6)
- Engineer – Giorgi Hristovski*, Thomas Moulin
- Engineer, Producer – Renaud Letang
- Flute – Nathalie Hauptmann (tracks: B2)
- French Horn – Hasko Kroeger* (tracks: B2)
- Lyrics By, Vocals, Producer – Jarvis Cocker
- Mastered By – Mandy Parnell
- Music By, Piano – Jason "Chilly Gonzales" Beck*
- Narrator – David Thompson (tracks: A4, A7, A9, B2)
- Performer – Kaiser Quartett (tracks: A5, A7, A8, B1, B5, B6, B8), FAME'S Macedonian Symphonic Orchestra*
- Photography By [Indoor photo] – Alexander Isard
- Photography By [Outdoor photo] – Frank Mobilio
- Stage Manager – Igor Vasilev, Riste Trajkovski
- Technician [Pro Tools Operations] – Atanas Babaleski
- Viola – Ingmar Süberkrüb (tracks: A5, A7, A8, B1, B5, B6, B8)
- Violin [First Violin] – Adam Zolynski (tracks: A5, A7, A8, B1, B5, B6, B8)
- Violin [Second Violin] – Jansen Folkers (tracks: A5, A7, A8, B1, B5, B6, B8)
- Written-By – Gato Barbieri (tracks: B6), Ryuichi Sakamoto (tracks: A3, B5)
Comes with two stickers on shrinkwrap, one with Parential Advisory logo and other with information.
Information Sticker writing:
Includes Downloadable Audio
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 028947970118
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side A): 4797011 BG 61437-01 A1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, side B): 4797011 BG 61437-01 B1
- Label Code: LC00173
|none||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales*||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales* - Room 29 (16xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Deutsche Grammophon||none||UK||2017|
|0028947972822, 4797282||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales*||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales* - Room 29 (LP, Tex)||Deutsche Grammophon, Deutsche Grammophon||0028947972822, 4797282||Europe||2017|
|none||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales*||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales* - Room 29 (CD, Album, Promo)||Deutsche Grammophon||none||France||2017|
|none||Jarvis Cocker / Chilly Gonzales*||Jarvis Cocker / Chilly Gonzales* - Room 29 (16xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Deutsche Grammophon||none||UK||2017|
|none||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales*||Jarvis Cocker, Chilly Gonzales* - Room 29 (CDr, Album, Promo)||Deutsche Grammophon, Universal Music France||none||France||2017|